tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 04 14:59:36 2000

Re: Klingon Academy

jatlh ghunchu'wI':
> One of our canon examples is {wIch ja'wI'pu'}, which makes no sense if
> interpreted with {wIch} being the object of {ja'}.  [Skybox S8, Bat'telh,
> Klingon Sword of Honor]

are you saying, a {wIch} is not s.th. one can {ja'}?
i.e. wIch vIja'. is semantically garbage?

or what makes {wIch ja'wI'} nonsense if interpreted as
(wIch ja')wI'?

(I don't see a difference in english between "a teller of myths"
and "one who (tells myths)")

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq
                                           [email protected]