tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 26 05:20:51 2000

Re: quote from Ghenghis Khan

>ja' De'vID:
>
>> When I saw this quote I just had to restore it
>> to the original Klingon:
>>[...]

qa'ral:
>qatlho', De'vID.  A noble and uplifting passage.  nuqDaq Datu'?

ben, qun vIHaDtaHvIS mu'meyvam vIlaD.  ngugh
le'be' mu'meyvam.  qen "e-mail signature"Daq mu'meyvam
vIleghqa'.  vIqawmoHlu'.  tlhIngan Hol vIqeq vIneHmo'
vImugh.

I was hoping someone would comment on the grammar,
actually, since I didn't know how to express infinitives
except to put them in second person.  (Now that I
think about it, in Hamlet's "To be or not to be" it was
done in third person.)

--
De'vID

Back to archive top level