tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 24 12:23:06 2000

RE: KLBC another name

I have taken a good look at TKD and found this wor
naghboch  = gemstone
broken down this seems to consist of
nagh - rock/stone  and boch - shiny which combine to make the new
word or describe the type of rock/stone.
Bloodstone is a type of stone/rock as well
Therefore was my idea of 'Iwnagh written in the correct order ?

Chief Security Officer /Chief of Cadet Corps.
USS Triumph NCC-26228/R2/ Starfleet (Triumph Against All Odds)
jIjatlhpa' jatlh Hovmey (The stars will talk before I will)
Listowner of KlingonsServingInStarfleet list at Onelist.com*
Listowner of VoyagerChat list at Onelist.com*

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Andeen, Eric wrote:

> jatlh malqa:
>
> > I am considering using an irc nickname meaning "bloodstone".
> > Would this be translated into tlhIngan Hol as 'Iwnagh :
> > "Iw (blood)plus nagh (stone,rock) ?
> > I"m confused as usual .
> > The novice still needs a lot of help.
>
> It would indeed be <'Iwnagh>. Nice name.
>

> pagh
> Beginners' Grammarian
>
> tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ
> http://www.bigfoot.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm