tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 09 22:11:07 2000

Re: toch mughwI' (Palm Pilot Language Analyzer)

>At the moment its very broken, mostly not complete but it offers a small
>flavour of what the finished result will be like.  If you're interested I
>encourage you to go look at the web site, and download the very first
>development version. Please please PLEASE take note of the warnings and
>PLEASE DON'T run it on your palm. Run it in POSE for the moment untill its
>more stable.

Well, other than the fact that it would be better to zip it up (prc's are
horrendous for downloading - Netscape consistently screws up all PRCs I
throw at it), when I got it downloaded proper, it works fine on my IIIx.

>I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who wants to give it.

Well, the buttons at the bottom weren't very specific - does it take the
input and convert it to tlh-H if the tlhIngan button is pressed, or vice
versa?

>If you do decide to try it out on POSE, you will notice the Icon is a bit
>crummy.  I'm no artist so I will be encouraging suggestions and submissions
>of a better icon for it.  The winner gets all the glory of seeing their icon
>in the application and the honor of a credit on the screen.

Hmm. I don't know what I can fill up a 32x20 icon with. But I'll try...

All in all, a not bad first try. Might want to create a tlh-H keyboard
layout, though - it does get tedious turning on caps mode...

--
Worf, Son of Mogh (Worf Rozhenko)

[email protected]

IRC: EFNet: Worf/wo`rIv
  StarLink: Worf
    SL-IRC: Worf
(Mask to look for: *!*@*.direct.ca)

URLs: http://worf.home.ml.org or http://www.home.ml.org/worf

Email/reply to [email protected] with "**PGP KEY**" in the subject to get my
public key.

Back to archive top level