tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 03 00:05:39 2000

QovvaD jIjang (Was: Re: KLIC - My thesis project)

jatlh Qov:

> It will likely cost you $40.  Ask at your local "airport."

> [Will someone please tell me in what language reversing
> the order of the number and the countable conveys the idea
> of "approximate."  It's bugging me.]

qu'!  pab DaSov 'ach Hol Dangu'laHbe'. law'qu'ba' Hol DaHaDbogh, Qov!

Stoit sorok dollarov = It costs forty dollars
Stoit dollarov sorok = It costs about forty dollars

Prepositions make it curiouser still:

dollarov za sorok = for about forty dollars

qaqawmoHta''a'?

(Qov QaHlaHmo' quvbogh) qa'ral

Back to archive top level