tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 02 14:30:02 2000

RE: KLBC -- Klingon word for "redemption" redux

jatlh B K:

> First, "oops" for sending that blank email.  Damn
> return key anyway!

> Okay, the concept I'm discussing is removing a stain
> from one's honor.

For that, I might say <jIquv'eghqa'moHta'> - "I have caused myself to again
be honorable". There are plenty of other possibilities.

> And now for something much simpler, just to prove to
> myself that I *am* getting the hang of this <g>, I
> will now attempt to translate "Now hear this!" for
> your nit-picking enjoyment <g>.

> mu'meyvam tIQoy -- these words, you all hear them

> HIQoy -- you all hear me

> I kinda like the first one, both for the flow and
> because it is closer to the literal meaning of the
> English.  OTOH, the second one is more succinct.
> Opinions?

What is the context? Is this the "Now hear this!" heard before an important
announcement? In that case, I would probably say <peqIm!>.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ