tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 01 10:02:13 2000

Re: Lumberjack

charghwI' wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:32:08 -0600 jeffpicard
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Ok, since Feb 29 is definatly the Wierdest of all days, and I run the
> > Empire of Wierdness (taQDogh wo' or is that DoghtaQ wo'? [Translating
> > Wierdness as SillyWeird]) I though I'd try translating some Monty Python
> > into Klingon, so to start with one of my favorite skits the Lumberjack
> > Song
> >

> > Sorpe'wI' jIH , jIQaQ 'ej
> > ram jIQong; pem jIvum
> > (I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
> > I sleep all night, I work all day)
>
> Sor pe'wI' jIH 'ej jIHmo' pum.
> ram jIQong 'ej pem jIvum.

va!, I knew I'd make some simple mistake (though I doubt that's the
first or last anyone's seen it)
thanks for reminding me of using a rhyme scheme
> > Sormey vIpe'chu', meghwIj vISop
> > puchpa'Daq jIjaH
> > Hoghbotlh je'wI' vInej;
> >  (have buttered scones for tea) 'ej
>
> Sor vIpe'. meghwIj vISop.
> puch vIlo' 'ej Say'choH ghop.
> Qu'jaj wejDIch Suy vISam
> 'Iwchabmey poQmo' tlham.
>
> [tlham = order, societal structure]
>
> > (I cut down trees, I eat my lunch,
> > I go to the lavatree.
> > On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
> > And have buttered scones for tea.

ok then to use that modified AABB rhyme scheme for the next verse

(I cut down trees, I skip and jump,
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing,
And hang around in bars. )

Sor vIpe'. Dogh jIH. jIngIv.
poch vIchoq 'e' vItIv.
be' Sut vItuQmoH
'ej tachDaQ jImISmoH

--
Jeffrey T. Yawn
jeffpicard

'oH taQqu', 'oH QaQ

EmpError jeffpicard I of the Empire of Wierdness

Visit the Empire at
http://wierdness.virtualave.net/

Earn money whilst ye surf
http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=fhh466

EoW Calendar Converter (and any future software) site:
http://jeffpicard.tripod.com/