tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 30 23:09:04 2000

Re: obtuse question

ja' SuStel:
>Unless there's context to the contrary, I think the natural implication
>would be that the husband is no longer a husband.>cha' ben loDnal
>husband of two years ago

jatlh ghunchu'wI' 'utlh
>Based on the "two hundred years ago ale" example, I interpret this to be
>talking about someone who has been a husband for that long and is most
>likely still one.

In this case, I am drawn toward the thought that a Klingon would refer to
their former spouse as a regular Klingon without giving a special title.
There is little need to specify the former relationship.  It is easy enough
said if questioned about the relationship, "We were once married, but no
longer," or something to that effect.

-veS joH

Back to archive top level