tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 30 22:12:01 2000

Re: obtuse question

jatlh quljIb:
> Sutay'jaj 'ej SutaHjaj  --  "May you be toghether and may you endure"

maj.  mu'tlheghvam vIparHa'.

> Sutay'ghach taHjaj --  "May your marriage endure" (paraphrased)

Okrand was pretty waffley on using /-ghach/ with prefixed verbs, as I recall
(HolQeD Volume 3, Number 3, page 13).  He said it was even more marked than
using /-ghach/ on a verb without a suffix.  If /Sutay'ghach/ means anything
at all, it might sound to Klingons like "Our-togetheration."

But a similar, though perverse, expression using /tay'/ and /-ghach/ might
be

tay'taHghach boSIQjaj.
May you endure continued togetherness.

SuStel