tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 27 07:17:14 2000

Re: KBLC: mu'tlheghmeyvam vImughchu''a'

jatlhlu':
>QaQ jaj yIghaj
>Have a nice day.

jang pagh:
>verbs acting as adjectives go *after* the noun, so it's <jaj QaQ>. Also,
>"have" gets used for a lot of things in English, and only a subset of those
>work in Klignon. I doubt you can "have" a day - nice, lousy or otherwise -
>in Klingon. Instead, I suggest a nice subversive little verb - <SIQ>. jaj
>QaQ yISIQ.

Would something like {SoHvaD QaQjaj jajvam}
(or {tlhIHvaD QaQjaj jajvam}) also be OK?

jatlhwI' wa'DIch:
>rut HIq vIlegh 'ach not vItlhutlh
>I sometimes see liquor but I never drink it.

Note that this does not only refer to liquor, but all
alcoholic beverages, including beer, wine, ale, etc.
(According to my dictionary, liquor is an alcoholic
beverage made by distillation instead of fermentation.)

                                        DujHoD

Back to archive top level