tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 20 03:54:34 2000

Re: KLBC: Qochbe'

In a message dated 6/7/2000 1:33:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< nap.  SuQochbe' SoH HoD je, qar'a'?  vaj bIjatlh maQochbe' jIH HoD je.

 >I guess what im trying to ask is how to say 'i agree with one (and only
 >one) specific person' when more than one statement has been made?

 If you are doing something "with" another person, then the two of you
 are doing it together.  Klingon doesn't have a direct translation for
 "with", so you need to phrase the idea differently. "I agree with [him]"
 is easily translated into Klingon if you state it as "[He] and I agree."

I have not seen anyone using the suffix {-chuq}.  maQochbe'chuq HoD jIH je
appears to be okay.

peHruS

Back to archive top level