tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 13 05:31:30 2000

Court Room Lingo

I will be the Klingon Guest of Honor at DucKon here in Chicago this
weekend.  They have a number of things lined up for me:  Language
workshops, judging the poetry contest, etc.  One of the things they want
me to do is preside over a court case between the Federation and the
Klingons.  So I'm looking for some court terms that I can use.  I'm not
looking to have the whole thing be in tlhIngan (as I'll likely be the
only one who speaks it), but I was wondering what terms you would use
for some of the classic TV phrases like, "All rise for the
honorable...," "Objection, your honor," "Order in the court," "May I
approach the bench?" "Guilty," "I'm innocent," etc.

janSIy

Back to archive top level