tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 12 23:28:45 2000

Re: We're not what you think...

De'vID:
>>How would you translate this?
>>
>>"We're not what you think.  Not all of us."
>>
>>I came up with:
>>/juSovchu'be'.  marurbe'chuq maH Hoch./

charghwI':
>I offer another simplification. For "We are not what
>you think. Not all of us.":
>
>'op maH junoHHa'.

It may be simpler, but it doesn't quite capture the
sense of the original.  Your suggestion would work for
"Not all of us are what you think."  However, in the
English which I am translating, the second sentence
is almost an afterthought.  It was more of a "We're
not what you think... not all of us."

Perhaps: /juSovchu'be'... 'op maH junoHHa'./

--
De'vID