tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 26 21:46:00 2000

Re: Supplies

Eduardo Fonseca asked:

: Can anyone helps me to find a good word for "supplies" in the
: following text:
:   "The supplies produced by your factories can be
:    carried by starship to new planets to be used to build
:    new factories, mines and defense outposts".

I searched my notes and pulled out some existing words and expressions along
with the relevant citations, if any.  I've also included the verb {jom}
"equip,
install" in the event you want to recast your sentence.  See if any of this is
useful:

{Dochmey} "things"

{luch}  "equipment, gear"

  'ejyo' luch rurbe'qu' tlhIngan Duj luch.
  Klingon starship design is vastly different from Starfleet technology. SP3

  HoS law'qu' luch law'qu' je lo' Duj nuH pat Hub pat je
  A huge amount of the ship's power and technology is devoted to its
  weapons grid and defensive systems. SP3

{jan} "device"

  janmey ngo' lulo'lu'DI' pIj jabbI'ID nISpu' woj
  Older models were susceptible to radiation. S19

  {begh botjan} "deflector shield(s)" [only the mechanism?] (BoP)
  {('otlh) peng baHjan} "(photon) torpedo launcher" (BoP)
  {botjan} "shield(s) (BoP)
  {QoQ jan} "musical instrument" KGT
  {Saqjan} "landing gear" KBP

{tep} "cargo, goods"

  teplIj yIwoH 'ej pa'lIjDaq yIjaH!
  Pick up your baggage and go to your room. CK

  cha' choQmey naQ tu'lu' 'ej tep choQ bIngDaq lo' law' bID choQ tu'lu'
  2 Full Decks and a Half Utility Deck under the Cargo Deck (BoP)

  {tep jolpat} "cargo transporter" (BoP)
  {tepqengwI'} "cargo carrier" (type of ship)

{tep HIj} "ship/transport/deliver cargo/goods" (?) [cf. ST6 line]

  rura' penteDaq Soj Doch <yuS?> vIqIch.
  We is condemning food... things and supplies to Rura Penthe. ST6
  (sic for {vIHIj} "transporting")

{'aH} "paraphernalia",

  [not attested in canon]

{jom} "install (a device)" KGT, "equip" S33, "mount (a device)" (BoP)

  Hoch tlhIngan DujDaq So'wI' jomlu'
  All Klingon vessels are equipped with a cloaking device...

  ngongmeH wa' DujDaq nuHmey nISbe'bogh So'wI' jomlu'pu'
  [A cloaking device which didn't disrupt weaponry was installed
   in one experimental ship.] S33

  nISwI' talmey: cha' (telDaq lujomlu')
  Disruptor Cannon - (Wing Mounted) BoP

  nISwI': cha' chang'engmey (telDaq lujomlu', nItebHa' lubaHlu')
  Disruptor - 2 Pairs (Wing Mounted, Fire Linked) BoP

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level