tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 25 21:39:44 2000

qep'a' SochDIch vIqawtaH

ta'mey Dun, bommey Dun.  (Great deeds, great songs. -- TKW page 15)

Dunbej bommey.  Dun je lutmey.
juppu' vIghomqa'mo' jIQuch.
juppu' chu' vIqIHmo' jIbel.
Dach 'op juppu'na', 'ach jIbepbe'.
majawlaHqu'bej; majawqu'be'law' neH.

jImer'egh -- nom jImughlaH.
be'nalwI'vaD SuStel yIH lut vImugh, 'ej ngeDqu' Qu'.
ngeDbej lut 'ej vaQbej SuStel QIch.

'eychu' 'angghal yIH bom.  qatchu' HoD Qanqor QoQ.
Dunchu' je latlh Qanqor bommey.  bommey DIqonnISba'.
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD bom ta wIgherjaj!

Do'Ha' wa' nem jIjeSbe' 'e' vIpIH.  chaq leng'a' vIta'laH,
Israel wISuchqangmo', 'ach Qatlh Belgium wIghoSmeH nab.

It was great to see so many old friends, and to meet some new ones.
There seemed to be not quite as much random chatting in Klingon as
there had been in the past couple of years, but there did seem to
be a generally high level of chatting ability.

I tried doing simultaneous translation for my wife during the qep'a'
qep'a' Cabaret.  I was surprised at how well I could do it; SuStel's
story was particularly easy due to his excellent pronunciation.

Lawrence's tribble song was fantastic, and Captain Krankor's musical
accompaniment filled it out perfectly.  Krankor's other songs were
absolutely terrific too.  We simply have to get these things all down
on tape.  Imagine putting out an album of KLI music! :-)

It looks like I'm not likely to make it to next year's qep'a'.  *Maybe*
we'll get to Belgium if we can work it into our plans to visit Israel,
but it complicates things.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level