tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 13 05:01:25 2000

Re: Outcomes

>The result of the war was vicotry. [sic]
>The result of eating rotten food is dysentery.
>Learning Klingon results in knowledge of one language's grammar.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but from peHruS's examples above I would
think you could accomplish this with a couple suffixes, specifically -pu'
and -DI'.

rInpu'DI' noH Qaplu'.
Soppu'DI' pom tu'lu'.
tlhIngan Hol ghojlu'pu'DI Hol pab Sov SuqchoHlu'.

These are just off the top of my head, and as such probably contain errors
(I still manage to confuse myself with respect to -lu'), but does the gist
come through?

Failing that, what's to prevent kludging together a noun for result by way
of -ghach? I know the suffix has fallen into disfavor and obscurity in
recent years (look, the pendulum's swinging, the pendulum's swinging!), but
it's still out there folks. So, why not rInpu'ghach (or rInta'ghach if the
process was intentional?) for something like "finishedness?"

Just some morning thoughts.

Lawrence

Back to archive top level