tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 12 22:03:46 2000

RE: Use of topic as header

I think we would all do well to better understand what is meant by "topic".
I'm tempted to consider it to be a rough equivalent to an awkward "of" in
English. {Soj'e' Suja'chuq} "Of food we discuss." {paq'e' jInaj.} "Of the
book I dream." {Hut'e' Soch jIH.} "Of nine, I am seven." {yo' Soch'e' Qanqor
HoS law' Hoch HoS puS} "Krankor is the strongest person of the seventh
fleet."

I believe this works mostly because it would be very useful if it did, but
in the past, when I argued for things that would be useful, I lost.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level