tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 06 08:30:17 2000

Regards

Hello everyone,

As my graduation thesis, I recently wrote a paper on the Klingon language
entitled "tlhIngan Hol: the realities of an imaginary language" (I took a
degree in foreign languages but I "detoured" through Linguistics).
So I just wanted to thank all the people at KLI and on the List who helped
me in the process... both willingly and unwillingly.
In fact, apart from the aid I received in sorting out the numerous issues
and uncertainties that I stumbled upon, I also took the liberty of quoting
some posts from last year's THML digests as examples of the various ways in
which the Klingon Language is realized. Even though I carefully removed
every name and e-mail (I just wanted it to be anonymous), I am sure that a
lot of people will recognize their own words and thoughts in the passages I
quoted. To them go my deepest respects and gratitude for making such a
marvelous creature come to life.

All those who are interested in reading my work can go to the following page
and download a copy of it:
http://members.xoom.it/picarde

(The paper is currently available in Italian only, but I am working on an
English version as well)

Thank you all again for being there,

muchwI' maw'

noH QapmeH wo' Qaw'lu'chugh yay chavbe'lu'
'ej wo' choqmeH may' DoHlu'chugh lujbe'lu'.