tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 01 18:31:38 2000

RE: A grammar question...

Please realize that this really means "warriors, brothers and sisters" or
"warrior's brothers and sisters" or "warriors and brothers' sisters".
{SuvwI'} is not an adjective. It is a noun. And if you want to refer to both
male and female warriors, just say {SuvwI'pu'} and be done with it.

> Or you could simply say /SuvwI' nIpu'/.

No.

>  I also offer an alternative: /qeylIS puqloDpu', qeylIS
>  puqbe'pu'/ "Sons of Kahless, daughters of Kahless".  Or simpler:
>  /qeylIS puqloDpu' puqbe'pu' je/ "Sons and daughters of Kahless".
>
> Again, /qeylIS puqpu'/ "Children of Kahless."

Yes.

>  Otherwise, the slighted female Klingons may set upon you after
>  your speech.  Of course, if you *want* angry Klingon females
>  to attack you...
>
> Mmm. Good point!!

It's better in fantasy than in reality. Trust me. Been there. Done that.
Shredded the T-shirt.

> quljIb

charghwI'

Back to archive top level