tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 22 23:01:38 2000

Ha'DIbaHmey (was Re: Klingon WOTD: rIHwI' (n))

In addition to what Qov has to say, I have these comments:

>lIngta'

It has a leg big enough to use to {pe'vIl bI'chu'} "forcefully sweep away"
what's on a dinner table.

>lung (dragon)

Not necessarily a dragon, but certainly something lizardlike.

>mIl'oD (bear)

Specifically "sabre bear".

>norgh (shark)

A sharklike sea animal, anyway.

>Qaj

It has lips, which are typically brown.  It also has a tail which is
prepared as food in a {nay' motlh} "usual dish".

>Qa'

Qov called this a large bird, but I think that's not likely, because...

>Qa'Hom

...the picture of this animal is more like a hedgehog.

>Qa'raj

It has a claw that is prepared in a variety of ways.

>targh (pig)

This one we've seen on TV.  There are even targ "beanie babies". :)

>teghbat

The marrow from its bones is an ingredient in {'awje'}.

>tIqnagh

It has hooves.

>toqvIr lung (Tokvarian skink)

It has small eggs which are often eaten like popcorn, shell and all.

>toQ (bird)

It's specifically some sort of bird of prey.

Don't forget {vetlh}, {DenIb Qatlh}, {ghargh}, {qagh}, and {'Iwghargh},
not to mention {yIH}.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level