tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 21 20:02:07 2000

Re: Klingon WOTD: rIHwI' (n)

At 22:52 00-01-21 -0500, you wrote:
}jatlh voragh:
}
}>For the general {Ha'DIbaH}, try {Qa'Hom}. (Cf. KCD.)
}
}What exactly is a Qa'Hom? Also, I have a dozen or so animal names in my
}dictionary, but only a few are animals I know, like targh (pig-like
}thing) or lung (lizard-like thing).
}
}Here are the animals I have:
}
}boqrat
Its stewed liver is tasty.  Implies it is at least big enough to have its
liver removed with kitchen implements.

}chemvaH
Cougar-like, judging from the way it slinks, and its purring growl.

}lIngta'
}lung (dragon)
}mIl'oD (bear)
}norgh (shark)
}Qaj
}Qa'
Presumably a large bird, in comparison to the following (but it might not be).

}Qa'Hom
Like a titmouse (a small bird).

}Qa'raj
}Qogh
}Sargh (horse)
}Suy'
I believe the text of KGT calls this one piglike.

}targh (pig)
}teghbat
}tIqnagh
}tI'qa' vIghro' (tika cat)
}toppa'
}toqvIr lung (Tokvarian skink)
}toQ (bird)
}to'baj
Its stuffed legs are a traditional dish at QI'lop.

}vIghro' (cat)
}'er
}'IghvaH
}
}Can anyone fill in the blanks, or do we just not know what these animals
}are?

Mostly we dunno.
Qov 'utlh

Back to archive top level