tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 22 11:06:56 2000

talking about the degree of quality of something

How do I indicate the degree of a quality?

For example, how would I ask:
"How fierce is the Kro'hgXXXXXX<Qogh>?"

I tried <chay' qu' Qogh>, but that would be "How is the <Qogh> fierce?"

Would <'ar> work here?  Say if I had a noun for "fierceness".  I thought
about <Qogh *fierceness 'ar> but that seems to be missing a verb.

Also, how do I express the ideas "lukewarm", "warm", "room temperature",
"cool" and "chilly"?  I have <tuj> "hot", <tujqu'> for "boiling", <bIr>
"cold", <bIrqu"> for "freezing" but how do I express the qualities in
between?  I also have <Hat> for "temperature".

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level