tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 20 22:28:24 2000

Re: KLBC: yInmeywIj ngo'

jatlh pagh:
> > cha' yInmey vIghajta' 'e' vISov.
>  > =I know I've had two lives.
>  > (I doubt that this is correct; I found the
>  > concept difficult to express with the vocabulary
>  > I have.)
>
>  I would agree that it is not correct. A minor point is that <-ta'> is
>  borderline here at best - <-pu'> would make more sense.
>
>  The major problem is that <ghaj>

loQ nom "send" Da'uy 'e' vIQub....

I have a feeling you were going to say that <ghaj> is a only a
verb of posession.  Had I been able to find a verb meaning
"to live", I would have used it.  But without that, I found the
sentence difficult to construct at all.

>  > Huch joq Sov vIghajbe' 'ej vaj nom jIHeghpu'.
>  > =I had no money or knowledge, thus I quickly died.
>
>  Noun conjunctions like <joq> go after all the nouns. <Hutlh> would also be
>  more natural here than <ghajbe'>, although with <Hutlh> the <joq> turns
into
>  a <je>.

<Hutlh> vIyajbe'.  What does it mean?

Thanks for the help,