tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 20 08:28:18 2000

Re: Teaching Klingon

jatlh T'Flar:
>NO WERE NOT!!  I paid money to come to the KLBC and learn Thlingian Hol and I
>haven't learned diddley.  Where in the name of Stovo' Kor do I go to learn
>this flogging language.

I am just curious, but how do you expect to learn it?  You have to post
something, if you just read what others write you won't learn that way.
As far as I can remember I haven't seen any posts by you, other than
a similar complaint from before.  It doesn't matter what you write for
your first posts, it could be really simple (such as Xardana's story
recently).  Introduce yourself, and if you don't know how, ask.  Mark
your post with KLBC in the subject line and pagh (the Beginner's
Grammarian) will answer your questions.  That's how I'm learning.

I realize that Klingon is a constructed language, and maybe it isn't
taken as seriously as a "real" language.  But if you were in a
beginner's Spanish mailing list (for example), and you posted nothing,
then suddenly complained that you're not learning anything, would that
make any sense?  Why should it be any different for tlhIngan Hol?

Best of luck to you, and Qapla'!
--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level