tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 17 06:14:58 2000

Re: Help

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:04:19 -0600 (CST) William Elder
<[email protected]> wrote:

> help me to understand the Klingon language, or at least translate your
> messages.  Thank You.

Since the list can be overwhelming at times, especially for a
beginner, you should focus your attention on messages labeled
"KLBC" in the Subject field. We all agree that the first three
letters stand for "Klingon Language Beginner's" and nobody
accurately remembers whether the C stands for "Conference",
"Conversation", "Club" or whatever. The point is, when you post
messages as a beginner, you should begin the subject header with
"KLBC:". Then pagh, the Beginner's Grammarian, will know to pay
special attention to your message.

In general, you should be able to depend on most messages with
that header being of some degree of interest to you. Let other
messages pass so you don't feel like a snow-plow digging up more
than you can push. Don't spin your wheels.

Meanwhile, this is also a tool for more advanced users. When I
feel overwhelmed -- life sometimes doesn't give me enough time
to keep up with this list -- I'll admit I can't completely catch
up and I'll delete all messages with KLBC in the subject header.

If I have time, I enjoy reading KLBC posts, and if you have
time, look at some of the non-KLBC, but don't let yourself get
overwhelmed. You'll miss out on something wonderful if you do.

KLBC is a tool to help us all prioritize the messages we should
be focussing on. Use it well.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level