tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 16 20:09:16 2000

RE: KLBC: Sto-Vo-Kor lojmItmey

jatlh pagh:
>Voragh has already suggested <qoy'wI'> for "beggar", which works quite well.

<qoy'wI'> vIlo'.  I will use <qoy'wI'>.  (How does one indicate I *will*
do something?)

>Be aware that Klingon also has a word - <QI'tu'> for "Paradise". What/where
><QI'tu'> is exactly is not clear, nor is its relation to <Sto-Vo-Kor> or
><ghe''or/ghe'tor>. I prefer to use <QI'tu'> when talking about this sort of
>thing because it actually fits into the language, but <Sto-Vo-Kor> gets all
>the attention in the TV shows, etc.

I chose Sto-Vo-Kor over <QI'tu'> because <QI'tu'> seems like a place far
back in the past.  On the other hand, Sto-Vo-Kor, like Gre'thor, is a
place once can go to.  However, I will wait until we have more canon
for Sto-Vo-Kor and its relationship to <QI'tu'>.

>> *Hakuin-vaD yu'meH Such SuvwI'.
>Since the object of <yu'> can almost certainly be a person, you don't need
>the <-vaD> here.

lu'.  Is there a list somewhere that shows what the subjects and objects
of the various verbs are?  Because TKD is not too clear sometimes.

>My favorite mu'qaD is <jatlIj jej law' betleHlIj jej puS>.

jIyajbe'.  "Your tongue is sharper than your bat'telh"?  'ach
mu'qaD veS DajeStaHvIS, nIvqu' jat jejqu', qar'a'?

mu'qaDvam bachchugh vay', jangchu'laH jagh, jatlh: "bIlugh, jejqu'
betleHwIj, 'ach jatwIj jej law' betleHwIj jej puS."

>pagh
>Beginners' Grammarian

*pagh, qatlho'.

(Maybe I will put up a web page with my Klingon stuff some time.)

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level