tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 15 08:33:35 2000

KLBC: First Contact [Part 1]

Enough translating stories.  I'm going to try to compose my own.
Here goes... (The background will become clear in later parts,
I hope, but I play the role of a <Duy'a'> "ambassador" in a
Klingon first contact situation.)

tlhIngan yejquvvaD QIn potlhqu' lablI'...
= Transmitting high priority message to Klingon High Council...

qIbHeS ngIvtaHvIS Dujmaj, ghom maH nov Segh Hujqu' jumqu' je.
= While our ship was patrolling the galactic rim, we encountered
a very odd and very strange alien race.

toQDuj rur Dujchaj, 'ach yoylaw'.
= Their ship resembled a Bird of Prey, but was apparently upside down.
[Ships always meet each other head on in Star Trek.  jIqID.]

maghomDI' tlhInganpu' chaHlaw' 'e' wItu'.
= When we encountered them we at first thought they were Klingons.

DIrI' 'ej maHvaD jang, jatlh: **"Henqun?  Ham nangItlh!"
= We hailed them, and they answered us: **"(untranslated)"

(latlh QIn vIchuHtaHvIS, lut vIja'qa'.)
= (To be continued.)

--
De'vID Duy'a'

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level