tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 13 07:32:48 2000

Re: limerick attempt: cha' be'nI'pu' / KLBC

> ja' peHruS:
> >lI'mer'IQvam vItIvchu'.  majQa'!  mu'tlhegh QavDaq mu' {HoH} yItam!  mu'
> >{luHoH} yIlo'.  ghIq pup lI'mer'IQlIj pabDaj je.  qaDmey DIHev 'e'
> >vItul.

"loDpu'" vIHech, 'ach *syllable mI'mo' vIlo'be'.

jatlh ghunchu'wI':
> The grammar of the last line seems fine to me -- it implies that the
> "killed" men are plural, which is quite appropriate.  It's the *first*
> line that requires the {lu-} prefix, unless somehow the sisters manage
> to reside in more than one "First City".

HIvqa' veqlargh!

bIlugh, "luDab" vIlo'nIS.  pIj "lu-" moHaq vIlIj.  (I always forget
this because it's the only one in the "it/them-it/them" combination
requiring a prefix.)

vaj, *limerick-wIj vIqonqa':

cha' be'nI'pu'
==============

veng wa'DIch luDab cha' be'nI'pu',
reH chaH leghDI' vay', jatlh: 'IHqu'!
jagh HoHmeH SuvwI''a'
betleHDaj lo'nISba',
'ach loDpu' HoH be'nI'pu' mInDu'.

(Okay, the syllable count is now a bit off, but I'll just attribute
it to poetic license.)

> -- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

tuqeSmo' Satlho'.
= Thanks y'all for your advice.

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level