tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 11 16:48:41 2000

RE: KLBC English to Hol help

mu'tlheghmey mughlaHbogh vay' vIchup. jIjatlh:

>  I see the targ.
>  The guard killed the prisoner.
>  The prisoner escaped.
>  You cannot see me.
>  You must activate the transporter.
>  The shuttle exploded.

jang Xardana. jatlh:

> Xardana wants to try these sentences, too.
>
> targh vIlegh.
maj.

> qama' HoH 'avwI'.  (Here is a suffix for me to work on.)
maj.

> nargh qama'.
maj.

> <<You cannot see me.>>  I will leave this one out.
Give it a try when you're ready. The suffixes you need are <-laH> and
<-be'>.

> << You must activate the transporter.>>  No, again.
Give this one a try too.

> jor lupDujHom.
pup.

> I have this word in the database from TKD.  I
> keep looking at charghwI's updates.  I just love
> some of the new words Marc Okrand has provided
> recently.  I even plan to use <<tatlh>> in the story.

vaj lutlIj vIlaD vIneH.

> As for the story, I have been doing a lot of practicing
> on my own.  Maybe I make some mistakes.  Probably I will
> practice more online even though I will have to work on
> sections of the story more before posting them.

Post as much as you want. And don't worry about making mistakes. If you are
not making mistakes, you are probably not learning.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ