tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 10 16:40:23 2000

Re: SarDan lut

In a message dated 1/10/2000 12:34:05 AM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< {tlho'} is the verb "thank" and {qa-} is the prefix meaning "I [do
 something to] you".   Not that Klingons say it much. <g>

 Capt. Picard, however, did say it to a Klingon ambassador in one TNG
 episode where it was transcribed *k'adlo* in the closed captions.  (BTW,
 the ambassador didn't say "you're welcome" or anything--he just grunted and
 walked away.) >>

maj.  qatlho', Voragh (voragh ?).  pIj jatlhbe' tlhInganpu' 'e' vIpIHbe'.

I am not ready to post another section of the story quite yet.  But it will
contain the pronoun 'e'.  In Irish Gaelic the pronoun é (with an accent on
the top and pronounced <<'ey>> in Klingon, as best I can tell from the
pronunciation guides) means "it."  This "it" refers back to the previous
topic.  But Gaelic speakers do not link sentences together with it.  I just
hope pIH is okay here.  I have to look up a lot of words.

Does anyone have all the Klingon words memorized?  I do not!!!!! :)

I "enjoy" Qov's word <<tIv>>.  I definitely will try to use it very soon.  (I
like the way Klingons speak "definitely.")  Maybe I will have to find a way
to put <<qatlho'>> into the story.  Maybe not; Klingons seldom use it; so, I
do not want to use it either.

I am excited about writing more chapters, but life is getting in the way :)

Xardana

Back to archive top level