tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 10 05:45:50 2000

Re: KLBC: bovIHlaHbogh HewHom chu'

[email protected] wrote:
> I couln't find a better translation of "action figure" than "movable
> statuette" Perhaps there is a better one, but I'm not familiar with it.
> Still, "little statue" seems to me to imply ornamental art, and does not
> carry the "toy/doll" connotation. Still...

'ach not Quj tlhInganpu', qar'a'?
As I recall it was Worf who said it: "Klingons do not play games."
If they had action figures they would probably be called "statuettes
for teaching war strategy to children" or something.

How about "puqpu'vaD Suv puqpu' 'e' ghojmoHmeH HewHom"?  (Well
you really have to put this into a sentence to make sense.)

> I felt that specifying that I was referring to the Alien Combat Series
> "Klingon" 9-inch action figure was uneccessary considering the target
> audience...
>
> juDmoS

Is it that real mean-looking dude with a body like he was on steroids?
I saw it in a toy store.  Awesome.

Errr, I meant,
qejqu'law'bogh 'ej porgh tInmo' "steroids" lo'law'bogh HewHom DaDel'a'?
"toy store"Daq vIlegh je.  maj jay'!

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level