tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 05 05:22:40 2000

Re: KLBC: bovIHlaHbogh HewHom chu'

<<
After I had sent this, I had second thoughts on the grammar...so I' decided
to send it to you, pagh.
I couln't find a better translation of "action figure" than "movable
statuette" Perhaps there is a better one, but I'm not familiar with it.
Still, "little statue" seems to me to imply ornamental art, and does not
carry the "toy/doll" connotation. Still...

 bovIHlaHbogh HewHom chu' chenmoHpu' "Playmates".
("Playmates" has created a new action figure.)
HewHomvam nob vIHevpu'.
(I received a gift of this statuette.)
 HewHomvammo' jIbwIj vIchoH.
(Because of this statuette, I will change my (costume/uniform) hair.)
 "DreD loqS" vIparHa'qu' !
(I really like these "dreadlocks"! (on a Klingon)
(Even though I get this hilarious mental image of a Klingon Rasta band...i.e.
bob ma'lI')

I felt that specifying that I was referring to the Alien Combat Series
"Klingon" 9-inch action figure was uneccessary considering the target
audience...

juDmoS

 </XMP>

Back to archive top level