tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 07 19:01:31 2000

RE: KLBC : A Limerick ?

jatlh juDmoS:

> yaHDaj lonpu'chugh SuvwI' ngo'
> voDleH wo' je Hubrupbe'bej yo'
> lutu'nIS DevwI'pu'
> 'ej luHeghnISmoHchu'
> qoH'a' ngo' HeghDajmo' taHjaj wo' !
>
> (Hey, gimme a break, it was my first try...
> and the first one I've seen posted)
> Am I interpreting th challenge right ?

majQa'! vIparHa'qu'. This might have placed in the recent HolQeD limerick
contest. I do have two comments, though. Fist, <Sam> might be better than
<tu'> in the third line, although <tu'> is fine if you like the sound
better.

Second, <qoH'a' ngo' HeghDajmo'> doesn't quite work. "His death of the old
fool". It sounds like there are two possesives on the same noun. To keep
your syllable count correct, you could probably say <Heghna'mo'>.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ