tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 07 17:42:42 2000

RE: Bible translation (was Re: Preordering THE KLINGON HAMLET)

Ilta' pagh:
>ghunchu'wI' jang Qor. jatlh :
>
>> teH jatlh ghunchu'wI' 'utlh
>
><teH> is a verb meaning "be true", so it makes no sense here. If you want a
>noun for "truth", it's <vIt>: <vIt jatlh ghunchu'wI' 'utlh> - "ghunchu'wI'
>speaks the truth". Even better, though, is the verb <vIt> - "tell the
>truth". <vIt ghunchu'wI' 'utlh>.

jIyaj

>> jIQochbe'
>
>maj.
>
>> watlh vIneH mISbe' qun pol Hot be'
>> ghap 'oH maghtaH maH Hoch
>
>Now I think you've gotten in over your head. You've just strung words
>together in something between Klingon and English word order, and it just
>doesn't make sense. I suggest you try again, with a less complex version of
>the English. Here's what you should try to write in Klingon:
>
>I agree. History must be (continuously) pure. If it is not pure, it betrays
>us.

Unfortunately I can not find the words to construct "must be" in my TKD.
Grrrrr... I'll have to dig around and get the other books this weekend
after reserve duty is over and give it another shot Sunday night.

Best regards,

Kevin McCormick
W. Kevin McCormick                          White Pine Software
Product Manager                               542 Amherst St.
Phone: 603 886 9050                        Nashua, NH
Fax:   603 886-9051                         03063
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.wpine.com

Back to archive top level