tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 07 16:22:27 2000

About KLItlh.htm

Recently I copied KLItlh.htm from www.kli.org to practice a bit with official Klingon. This document has a real alien flavour, but it also has some mistakes or sentences I can't understand:

   1st paragraph, 4th line: the word {QujwI'pu'} is used for "actors",{Quj} is the verb "to play a game", in English "to play" is means too "to act (in a theatre)", but I haven't seen this meaning in Klingon
before. I think {DawI'pu'} would be another solution.

   1st par., 7th line: {yotpu'} = "invaded", why not {yotta'}? The same question for {Qatpu'} (in 2nd par.), I propose {Qatta'}. {-pu'} means "past", while KLI is still in these countrys, and the proposite of KLI is expand, so I believe {-ta'} expresses better.

   1st par., 8th line, & 2nd par., 1st line: {lutu'lu'}, I'm sorry but I can't translate it, perhaps the impersonal construction {tu'lu'}
would be clearer. In TKD (page 39) this special form accompanies a third plural person without taking any prefix.

   3rd par., 6th line: {ghItlh ghItlhwI'}= "the writer of the text", is just a question style, but what about {ghItlh chenmoHwI'}, it isn't so repetitive...

   4th par., 2nd line: I think between {ghomuv!} and the rest would be a dot, cause these are two different sentences.

   I also would consider the word {yejHaD}, "institute". It's a compound
 noun consisting in {yej}="assembly" and {HaD}="to study". I believe it's not the usual way to make compund nouns in Klingon, e.g. {Qulpa'}, {QongDaq}, {SuyDuj},... so the normal order is Determined   Determining

   These are the questions, for the unclear words I tried to propose an alternative one but I don't want to teach nobody, I want to learn, so please explain me the things I haven't understood.

           ghaHbe'wI'  ////  Nicolau

Enviado desde http://www.LatinMail.com. Tu correo latino.

Back to archive top level