tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 07 07:29:08 2000

RE: Dictionary

"Andeen, Eric" wrote:
> > jatlh jenwI':
> > So how hard would it be to produce such a thing? And would
> > Paramount allow it?
> It is rather difficult to produce such a thing, but Paramount can do
> absolutely nothing to prevent anyone from producing one. What they can
> prevent is someone producing one and then selling it or even giving it away.

qatlh SaH "Paramount"?  "TKD" bIje'be'chugh, SoHvaD lI'be' "word list".
vaj malja' law' HuqlaH.

> So you can do what many of us on the list have done: make one for yourself.
> It takes a significant effort, but it pays off in two ways. You wind up with
> a complete dictionary, and you also wind up with a much better knowledge of
> the vocabulary.

Does anyone have a list of puns?  I would like such a list to learn
vocabulary (I find the punny words easier to recall).

> I personally use an Access database to track vocabulary, although I admit it
> is fairly out of date. With some work designing the database, you can print
> a nice looking Klingon-English wordlist, and with some more work, you can do
> the same the other way. ghunchu'wI' has done a particularly nice job on his,
> printing it in a booklet format that he can carry around if he wants to.

How do you manage to sort it?  Because in English, "nga-" will go between "na-"
and "nI-", but in Klingon the word order is "na-", "nI-", "nga-".

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level