tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 05 14:29:41 2000

Where to get reference material and books on the Klingon Language

jetlh Dark Jedi: (Dark Jedi speaks)

>I wanted to learn how but I don't know a single fuing word. I am bilingual
>but do not know klingon.

I'd recomend the Klingon Dictionary for starters. You can pick it up at any
book store or order a copy it is about $12.00. Also check the www.kli.org
site as they have corospondence courses, and list other reference material
to get you going. Also check out this list's FAQ's for the do's and don'ts
and how to get help. pagh is the grammarian of this list. I believe you put
KLBC in the subject line and it will be off limits untill pagh
comments/corrects it. pagh is also quite right, {tlhIngan puqmey}
<---(proper grammer?) "There are (Klingon) children here", on this list.
Bottom line is that there are a number of resources to get going in
learning Klingon listed on both this lists FAQ's and the KLI (Klingon
Language Institute's websites.

jetlhneS (Speak with honor?)

Qapla'

Qor

PS. Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble (www.bn.com) both have TKD (The Klingon
Dictionary) in stock as well as other tlhIngan Hol books and audio tapes.

Best regards,

Kevin McCormick
W. Kevin McCormick                          White Pine Software
Product Manager                               542 Amherst St.
Phone: 603 886 9050                        Nashua, NH
Fax:   603 886-9051                         03063
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.wpine.com

Back to archive top level