tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 01 03:27:26 2000

RE: KLBC: Conversational Klingon Question

jatlh DujHoD:

I just bought Conversational Klingon and Power Klingon. On Side A of
Conversational Klingon, it has a section of words that go in pairs. One such
pair is "good/bad." The translation is {maj}/{qab}. {maj} is an exclamation;
{qab} is a verb. I would have thought that a better pair would be
{QaQ}/{qab}.

This is the same tape where verb prefixes are called "pronouns". Seriously,
as a sentence all by itself - "it is bad". <qab> can of course do more than
this, but I think this makes it fair to include <maj>/<qab> in the word pair
section.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level