tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 23 14:47:43 2000

Re: RE: KLBC - Conversational Klingon

jatlh pagh:

> I do remember the first line quite clearly: <tujqu'choH QuQ> - "The engines
> are getting very hot".

Qu'vatlh! Having listened to it again, I can still hear
Okrand saying Qu' and not qu', that's what threw me. My
confusion as to who said QuQ is because the lines overlap
and it was hard to tell where one ended and the next began.

> I don't remember what the actual line was, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't
> it. <Qor> is a word from KGT, so it wouldn't be in CK, which was recorded
> well before KGT came out. What you heard as <Qor> might be the <QuQ> from
> the previous line; I don't know.

That's what I get for using a translator rather than
looking in the dictionary.

> The <jaH> is probably <chaH> - "They are approaching us".
Of course it is, and I translated it as such. Ijust forgot
to correct my text.

> This sounds right, but I can't say for sure. It might have been <batlh
> maHegh>.

So it is. That would make it: We die with honour. Much more
of a Klingon stament than: Oh well, in that case we die.
{{:-)

Mike

Back to archive top level