tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 22 15:25:36 2000

RE: lengwI' vIyaj vIneH.

ja' Qov:

> jatlh tu'vel:
>
> > chaq jIDogh 'ach...
> >
> > Just for fun, I'm trying to find out what all the possible combinations
> of
> > verb prefixes and suffixes might be.
>
> It's going to depend on the verb, the context, and the listener.  I expect
> that the context can be found to require just about any combination.

	wot chenmoHmeH tu'lu' wa'netlh'uy' vaghSaD'uy' vaghvatlh'uy'
SochmaH'uy' wej'uy' wa'bIp Sochnetlh wejSaD javvatlh wa'maH jav patmey pIm
'e' vInoH!

	My computer choked when I tried to add type-6 suffixes into the
fray, so that's an estimate: 15,573,173,616.  I ran my program again,
concentrating on all valid combinations for the verb /legh/ with prefix, and
type-1, type-5, type-7, and type-9 suffixes, -Ha', -Qo', -be', and -qu'.  I
came up with 144,052 possible, and just multiplied for variations on type-2,
type-3, type-4, type-6, and type-8, which I figured could reasonable occur
in any combination.

	- tuv'el

Back to archive top level