tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 21 21:49:01 2000

Re: mu' qID chu'!

jatlh ghunchu'wI' (e-mail):
>I neither like nor watch MTV, and I've never heard of MuchMusic.  Was
>it around in 1985 when The Klingon Dictionary was being compiled?

ghuy'cha'!  I thought that all of the meanings of the word are from
KGT, but only "perform music" is.  I don't know if MuchMusic was
around in 1985, though it's been around for as long as I can remember.
Now that I think about it, the "present/presentation" meaning of the
word is used so often in TV that it's most likely a coincidence.  The
"perform music" meaning is from 1997 (KGT) though.  When I read the
paragraph on music in KGT the word <much> immediately jumped out at
me as a pun on MuchMusic.  Of course just because I associate the
word "much" with the word "music" doesn't mean that MO does.

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level