tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 21 12:50:09 2000

Re: mu' qID chu'!

jIjatlh:
> The reference to "The Sound of Music" isn't random.  There is a
> connection between that movie and Star Trek 6.  Look in the credits
> for both movies.  The pun is more specific than just the family
> name, it actually refers to a member of the family.

'ej DaH jIQIj:

"Captain von Trapp" Da "Christopher Plummer".  (jIqIDbe'!)  chang Sa'
Da je ghaH net Sov.  "The Sound of Music", "Star Trek VI" rar DawI'vam.
vaj, ghaHvaD <von> "trap" chenmoHba' MO.

jIjatlhqa':
> Think of <much> and <Saq> as nouns rather than verbs.  <much>
> refers to the name of a show, and <Saq> should be a reference
> to a skit from Saturday Night Live.  These puns are put together
> in almost the same way as <von>.

"MuchMusic", "MuchPresents" boSovbe''a'?  "TV show" 'oH "MuchMusic"'e',
loQ "MTV" rur.  "MuchMusic" 'ay' 'oH "MuchPresents"'e'.

<much> "present" (verb)
<much> "music" (i.e. to perform music, verb)

pIH, qar'a'?  [I had my suspicions about MuchPresents/
Much Presentation, but the whole section about how <much> means
to "present music" in KGT clinched it for me.  Does *no one*
watch MuchMusic except for me?  Ah, so you're all MTV fans.]

DIpmey bIHbe' 'e' vISov.  chIch lujechlu' 'e' vIHar.

--
De'vID [who watches TV waaaaay too much for his own good]

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level