tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 19 22:36:51 2000

RE: mu' qID chu'!

> jatlh De'vID:
> > "movie pun" 'oH <von>'e' je.  "The Sound of Music" Dabej.
> > "movie"vam "Star Trek 6" rar wa' DawI'.

jang taD:
> Dajbej. qIDvam vISovbe'pu' jIH. 'Iv ghaH DawI'vam'e'?

vI'angchugh, ngeDqu'.

'ej jatlh charghwI':
> Of course. The family name.

tlhoS bIlugh.  Close but not quite.  (Note the word <tlhoS>.)

>> "movie"vam "Star Trek 6" rar wa' DawI'.
>jIyajbe'.

The reference to "The Sound of Music" isn't random.  There is a
connection between that movie and Star Trek 6.  Look in the credits
for both movies.  The pun is more specific than just the family
name, it actually refers to a member of the family.

jatlh charghwI':
>> "TV show"mey Dabejchugh, <jav>, <much>, <Saq> DaSambej.
>As another has said, {jav} has been revealed, but what
>about {much} and {Saq}?

Think of <much> and <Saq> as nouns rather than verbs.  <much>
refers to the name of a show, and <Saq> should be a reference
to a skit from Saturday Night Live.  These puns are put together
in almost the same way as <von>.

(Before I reveal what I *think* are the puns behind these words, I
want to see if anyone else gets what I am thinking, just to make
sure that I'm not reading too much into them.)

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level