tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 18 09:14:53 2000

Re: DawI' and -ghach

jatlh SuStel:
>/ghunta'ghach/ isn't an
>exact match for "software," though I can imagine situations where it might
>work.  It might be more accurately translated as a noun meaning "having
>programmed intentionally" or "result of intentional programming."

OTOH, one can also imagine situations where it would *not* work. Since {-ta'}
applies only to things that have already happened, it would not work for
programs that have not yet been made or are still in the process of being
made, qar'a'? For example:

tugh ghunta'ghach vIqon. Soon I'll write a program.

appears to be incorrect, because the program is not yet made.

- DujHoD

Back to archive top level