tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 18 06:55:39 2000

DawI' and -ghach

>From: [email protected]

>{ghunta'ghach} springs to mind, but I don't really like it. {-ghach}, as is
>well known, is an overused suffix.

/-ghach/ is a seldom-used suffix.  Grammarians simply shy away from it for
fear that beginners will mis-use it, and they justify this by pointing out
we don't see it often in canon.  (We don't see /-beH/ often in canon, but
everyone's thrilled when they get to use it.)

Don't fear to use /-ghach/.  But use it correctly.  /ghunta'ghach/ isn't an
exact match for "software," though I can imagine situations where it might
work.  It might be more accurately translated as a noun meaning "having
programmed intentionally" or "result of intentional programming."

SuStel
Stardate 133.1