tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 17 13:04:06 2000

Re: DawI'

jatlh ghunchu'wI':
>It works for me, though I'd probably say {DawI'jan} in there to make sure
>I was being explicit about it being a device and not a person.
>It wouldn't necessarily mean that, but I was talking about being
>*explicit* as opposed to being ambiguous.  {DawI'} has the potential
>to mean either a ghot or a Doch.  If I'm not feeling especially lazy
>or playful, I usually try to limit the ambiguity of what I say.

jIHvaD jan rurbe' (SNES emulator). jIHvaD ghot Doch ghap rurbe' je.
(software) 'oH. QaptaHvIS, mIw Datu'meH http://www.zsnes.com
yISuch. 'ach nuq 'oH (software)'e'? qech 'oH? De' 'oH? (tlhIngan
Hol vIlo'taHvIS, (software) vI'oSmeH, vay' mIw tu'lu''a'?)
An SNES emulator doesn't look like a device for me. It doesn't look
like neither a person or a thing for me. It's a software. Take a look
at http://www.zsnes.com to see one and how it works. By the way,
what's a software? An idea? An information? (is there any way to
say software or something like in Hol?)

>Better, I think, would be SNES-Hey. :-)

jan muQubmoH SNES-Hey. jan 'oHbe' (SNES emulator).
SNES-Hey makes me think about a device. An SNES emulator
isn't a device.

>Since I don't know what SNES means

SNES = Super Nintendo Entertainment system.
Quj De'wI' 'oH.
It's a videogame.
E-mail: [email protected]
HomePage: http://members.tripod.com/clayton.rodrigo