tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 15 11:42:09 2000

RE: RE: KLBC <chyrano berjeraq>

jatlh charghwI':

> Hmmm. More problems. {potlh De' wIHevtaH.} I'd expect
> that to be {De' potlh wIHevtaH.}

This one is not necessarily an error. Since <potlh> is also a noun, this is
works grammaticaly, and it's slightly in meaning different from <De' potlh>.

potlh De' wIHevtaH - We are receiving the important thing's information / We
are receiving information about the important matter.

De' potlh wIHevtaH - We are receiving important information.

> Then there's {wa' tera'ngan je wa' romuluSngan}.
> There's some messy stuff there.

ghIHbej chovnatlhvam. Okrand had to write a paragraph in KGT to explain it.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ