tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 15 09:11:18 2000

Re: RE: KLBC <chyrano berjeraq>

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:43:42 -0500 Ken Nisewanger
<[email protected]> wrote:
> If qIm and 'Ij are transitive then could you say.
>
> Duj vI'Ij
>
> I listen (to the) ship?

Well, you can, according to the canon example from HolQeD.
Of course, that same example ends in {nImbuS wejDaq 'ejDo'
'entepray' ngoHlu'pu'}, translated as "The Starship
Enterprise has been dispatched to Nimbus III." I suspect
that last word was supposed to be {ngeHlu'pu'}, unless
somehow painting the Enterprise would help save the
hostages...

Hmmm. More problems. {potlh De' wIHevtaH.} I'd expect that
to be {De' potlh wIHevtaH.} Then there's {wa' tera'ngan je
wa' romuluSngan}. There's some messy stuff there.

> Ken
> Kalos/qeyloS

charghwI'

Back to archive top level