tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 15 05:59:06 2000

Re: Klingon WOTD: vagh (n)

Wait, /vagh/ is a proper noun?  From THE KLINGON WAY?  I don't remember it!
You see, here where I work, there's a guy who's into martial arts.  When I
met him, I learned that he owned SECRET FIGHTING ARTS OF THE WARRIOR RACE,
and was in the process of constructing some for-real-use /betleHmey/ (out of
resin-covered wood, I think).  He always calls me by the name /SuStel/ when
he sees me, and wanted to know how to say his name in Klingon.  Of course,
one CHOOSES one's Klingon name!

So he asked what "five" is in Klingon.  His name is "Quintin" (I think
that's how it's spelled; it's not "Quent-").  So I told him.  Now he likes
it when I call him /vagh/.

So, if /vagh/ is really already a Klingon name, he'll be thrilled to know
that!

SuStel
Stardate 124.8