tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 14 11:57:22 2000

(KLBC) {moj} with 2 objects

I have one doubt with regard to the verb {moj}-"to become". I've always seen it with just one object, and the actor is the one becomed. Let's see:

TKD p.22 {yaS vImojpu'} "I became an officer"
         {yaS DImojpu'} "we became officers"

TKW p.5 {bogh tlhInganpu', SuvwI'pu' moj, Hegh}
   "Klingons are born, live as warriors, then die"

TKW p.177 {wa' jaj 'etlh 'uchchoHlaH tlhIngan puqloD;
   jajvetlh loD nen moj}
 "the son of a Klingon is a man the day he can first hold a blade"

In these three examples the subject of the verb is the one who is becomed, so there's no possible confussion. But, what happens when the subject cause something to become into another thing? In this case would appear an actor, the thing becomed from, and the new thing
becomed to. Let's imagine in English:

"I've caused Lursa to became an actress"
Subject: I, Object becomed from: Lursa, becomed to: actress

I would translate it as:
{DawI'Daq lurSa' vImojmoH}
Subject: jIH, object becamed from: lurSa', becomed to: DawI'

I don't even know if this sentence is right!
These are just suppositions I do...
Also, even if it is correct I have another question: the object becomed to must be marked using {-Daq} or {-vaD}? Is the object to become a place to arrive or a beneficiary?

Of course, I've said it before, perhaps all the whole question is a misinterpretation I've done ,or something someone has solved before, but I don't know how to express {moj} as a transitive verb.

      ghaHbe'wI'

http://www.latinmail.com.  Gratuito, latino y en espaņol.

Back to archive top level